Thursday, September 8, 2011

Well dang, that was tasty

Today's VCI LDV challenge was Baby Spinach and Apple Salad with Sweet Red Wine Vinaigrette. I have to admit that when I hear the word "salad" I don't get excited. And it's so weird, because then I eat a salad and I'm like, "YUM". So, whatever, I'm a weirdo.

I sincerely apologize for this overexposed washed-out weirdness of a photo of my ghosty pretty salad, but I was working without my usual equipment.


I did a few substitutions; pumpkin seeds went in place of the pine nuts, Craisins went in place of the raisins. This is what I had on hand, so I went with it.

Also, for the dressing it calls for "oil" and then lists several varieties as suggestions (hemp, flax, grapeseed).  I didn't have any of those so I used avocado. Totally a worthwhile splurge, if you can swing it. Makes a good gift.

So there you have it. Tune in tomorrow for "Noodle Salad (*sigh*, haha) with Spicy Nut Dressing".

No comments:

Post a Comment