Monday, September 12, 2011

More lies, more ketchup

Heyo!

I'm baaaaack!

So, although I did some cooking yesterday, apparently I was unable to manage to blog about it. That's OK...back on the horse. Or wait...that doesn't sound very vegan. Back on the bike?

Anyways...first up we have the Noodle Salad with Spicy Nut Dressing.


This dish was super easy and super tasty. Although, I did make a couple little changes; after reading Raven's post, I decided to heed the call and added more veggies. I diced up some red onion and some portobello 'shrooms and added them to the mix.

The Hubs had two helpings, so I assume that means he liked it (although perhaps it just meant he was hungry...?). I definitely dug it and am halfway tempted to go get the leftovers out of the fridge to have for breakfast right now.

After that I whipped up the Blueberry Dilip.


In my mind, I'm having a hard time determining how "Dilip" is pronounced. Is it like "Phillip"? Or is it more like "Dil-eep"? (Sounds like something on the menu at an Indian restaurant. Mmmm...Indian.)

Anyway, this was also super easy to make and a huge hit with the ol' tastebuds. I felt it was reminiscent of a blueberry cake donut. I have to admit, I was a little worried while watching it cook in the oven...so much bubbling Earth Balance! Surely it must be too much! But NO...it was superb. I omitted the ground ginger because I was out of it, but I can't say it was missed.

So there you have it. I promise one of these days I'll actually get around to using this blog for it's original intended purpose.

Cheers y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment