Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cumin Spiced Rice and Espresso Cake with Chocolate Glaze

Continuing on with the La Dolce Vegan Challenge, here we have the Cumin Spiced Rice:


I mixed in a little baby spinach toward the end of the rice cooking, for added veggies and nutrition, and I topped it with the Gardein Beefless Tips.  If you've never tried them; highly recommended. Very tasty. A number of local grocery stores carry them, if you're a local reader. I get them at the Giant and/or the ShopRite on Concord Pike.

I thought the rice was tasty. I cooked it in veggie broth, I don't know if that's why.

I also baked the cake today:


Mmmm...cake. Cake is one of my sweet-tooth weaknesses. After Hubs and I had a piece for dessert, I realized I'd have to give a substantial amount of it away or else I'd end up eating it all myself. So, off three pieces went with me to my bass lesson tonight, to give away to the staff there.

This whole "blogging every day" thing is tough.  Mad props to those that do it.

Peace out, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. I use all of the Gardein products often since my husband is an omnivore he feels like he's getting some meat! And I don't feel guilty eating it.

    ReplyDelete