Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ketchup post

Okay, no actual ketchup will be featured in this post. This post was supposed to go up yesterday so...you get the idea.

Yesterday, continuing on the La Dolce Vegan path, I made the "Portobello Pot Pie" recipe. In keeping with my past bad behavior established theme, I ended up subbing some ingredients for items I already had on-hand. So, in reality what I made was a "Shitake Pot Pie", since no portobellos were actually involved.

I also subbed a small sweet potato for the small potato called for, so as you can see there is a lot of orange in this pot of chopped up veggies.


It smelled so good when it was simmering on the stove. What made it smell so good? I suspect these guys are the culprit.


For liquid, we added some veggie broth and a couple of tablespoons of (my apparently well-loved) tamari.


Crap, did I remember to preheat the oven?


Haha, yes I did.

I didn't photograph the dough-making process, but I assure any dough-fearers out there (like myself), that the process was easy and relatively painless.

And so, after some simmer time and about 25 minutes in the oven we had a lovely little dinner on our hands.


Sorry about the dark photo...I was too hungry to fuss with it!

There were no leftovers.

I hope to post Friday's challenge later on today along with today's challenge, and I also promise to get my first field report up very soon as well.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend so far, signing off for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi M - Did you use the full recipe for the crust or the halved recipe? Those of us who tried the halved recipe had lots of trouble so I am trying to get a record of how it worked for everyone. Please let me know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete